Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Start of Week Two

Ok, so I made it through labor day weekend. I drove to couple of neighboring towns to visit friends, then ended up back in my town, to the tune of about 40 dollars in gas. This van really sucks it down, that's for sure.

It's been raining here for the past two days. Really raining. Staying in the van sucks in this weather. It's still warm outside, and I can't really open the windows because of the rain, so it stays hot and humid and and stuffy and gross inside the van. This was especially bad yesterday, Labor Day, because the school was closed and I couldn't go to the library or the gym. I especially missed the gym, since I wasn't able to take a shower.

I got some fleece blankets from Wal-Mart to make blackout curtains, but they're not thick enough to work. I'll try doubling them up.

I think the worst part about van dwelling has to be the necessity for stealth. I don't mind living in a small space or not having much in the way of comfort, but I don't like sneaking around, and I don't like being confined to the van's interior. If I could just park somewhere, open the side doors, and hang out with my lawn chair and cook stove, it would be great.

My friend is getting a house soon, and we're planning on making some improvements to the van, such as a bed frame and sink, as soon as he moves in and we have the space to work on it. Until then, I'm continuing in the same manner.

That's about all for now. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey bud, I got a plan to do the same thing here pretty soon. Wondering if you have any insights or tips. Do the cops mess with you much? I have a house 2 hours away from my campus and can't afford two places.

    ReplyDelete